Volunteer drivers needed
Posted: 03 Mar 2015
If you’d like to make a real difference to your community, then volunteering with Bristol Community Transport could be just what you’ve been looking for. We rely on having a strong team of dedicated volunteers to drive our fleet of minibuses and we are looking for more people to join the team.
You will be helping community groups across Bristol to carry out their day to day activities. This will include shopping, bingo, lunches and many other social activities. Many of our member groups wouldn’t be able to operate without our central pool of volunteer drivers. You will also help individuals with mobility problems to access key facilities, and to attend appointments etc.
- To be aged 21 +
- Full UK driving licence (ideally 'clean' but talk to us if you have any endorsements)
- Those interested in volunteering for BCT will be required to have an Enhanced CRB Check (BCT will meet the costs of this).
- Flexible volunteering
- Training to a nationally-recognised standard
- Opportunity to learn new job skills
- Opportunity to meet new people, and make a positive difference to their lives
- Working in a friendly, supportive environment
- Something worthwhile to do in your spare time
- Expenses paid
- Opportunity to work with a not-for-profit organisation that supports thousands of people across Bristol
- Uniform provided
You can download a full information pack here, but if you still have questions, please call us on 0117 902 0157, email us on email@example.com or make an appointment to visit our offices for an informal chat.